Recognition of foreign degrees

The different linguistic communities, as with all matters relating to education, administer the recognition of diplomas.

Depending on the type of diploma, the profession you want to practice, the country of origin of the diploma, etc., there are different procedures.

You will find all the information you need on the websites of the various language communities:

However, you should be aware that certain professions require recognition or equivalence of your diploma. For example, you will probably need to apply for recognition of your diploma if you want to work in the public sector or in a publicly funded institution.

For regulated professions (e.g. nurses, doctors, architects, teachers, etc.), there is a different procedure for obtaining recognition to practice in Belgium: professional recognition.

More informations about Equivalence of diplomas on the Brussels-Capital Region website.

usefull links

The ENIC-NARIC Networks are the result of an ongoing collaboration between the national information centres on academic recognition of qualifications of in total 55 countries.