As an employee or self-employed person on the Belgian payroll you will also pay social security contributions. They serve to partly finance the Belgian Social Security System that provides among others unemployment benefits and health care insurance.

The contributions will be paid by paying mandatory advances who will be deducted from your wages in case that you are working under an employee status. Self-employed persons will have to transfer the money themselves following an invoice from the social security institution they have registered with.

visit our online store to buy